Simple things you can do to help
There are many things you can do to help keep our oceans and wildlife safe. Even small changes in your day-to-day lives can greatly help.
Here are some ideas on how you might be able to help:
- Put litter in the bin
- Recycle when you can
- Buy items with less packaging - Bring your own bags and where possible shop at shops which allow you to use refillable containers.
- Re use plastic bags or don’t use them at all
- Put cooking oil in the bin rather than down the sink
- Save energy
- Buy energy saving light bulbs
- Don’t over fill the kettle
- Turn off lights and electrical appliances when they are not needed
- Don’t leave things like your tv and computer on standby
- Let your clothes dry naturally rather than using a tumble dryer
- Plant a tree and avoid removing hedgerows - Trees and plants provide food, shelter for many species and also produce oxygen. They help to provide cleaner air and remove CO2 from the atmosphere which helps to combat climate change.
- Join a local beach clean or carry out your own #twominutebeachclean when on a beach.
For a copy, please contact the SAC Officer.